“Simply Salon Nails”
- Nail Tech has 90 minutes to create a full set. You will need a model, ask other nail techs that you know are attending with you to arrange a model or email us and we can try to help pair you with someone attending the event that is not competing.
- Application can be done using natural or clear tips or sculpting with forms. No white tips.
- SALON STYLE - normal smile lines & C-Curve, no extra points for deep competition style smile lines or C-Curves. PINK & WHITES -- NO: Color Acrylic, Glitter Acrylic, Glitter Gel or Color Gel
- Nails may be any length and shape. Shape and/or length should be "normal Salon length".
Mixed Media Junior & Senior
- All art must be created specifically for this competition. No art or tips used in any other competition may be used. NO RECYCLED ART
- TIPS (minimum 4 tips), Completed BEFORE you come to the event. No live models.
- ALL TIPS should follow one theme or idea - There is no set theme, but entry MUST follow your chosen theme
- NOTHING more than 1/8” high, hanging, dangling, extending off the nail plate or free edge. Art should be contained within the canvas of the nail itself.
- If your art work is questionable as to how far it extends up or off the nail, you will be disqualified.
- Nails may be any length and shape. Shape and/or length should be fitting of your design.
- Any type of art is acceptable: flat, air brush, color acrylic/gel, stones, glitter. NO decals or clay canes. Mix and match of art styles is acceptable - no points will be deducted for using one style art (eg: 100% hand painted is ok).
- MUST be Original Art, no obscene, objectionable or copyrighted (ie: Disney characters, professional sports logos, personality likeness) material will be accepted.